purple fish guts

Monday, September 08, 2008

Ibanez guitar project


Here's a picture of my latest project. It's an Ibanez SCA-220 that I bought cheap on ebay and fixed up this summer.

When it arrived, it became obvious that it had a rough life before coming to me. There were several scratches, the tone control was messed up, and there was what appeared to be candle wax on the fingerboard and around the back control cavity.

After a lot of sanding, a hand-rubbed oil finish, and some new Seymour Duncan pickups, it's a pretty different guitar. Here's some before and after photos.



This picture isn't very good, but if you look really close you can see what I believe are teeth marks at the top of the headstock. I'm telling you... it had a rough life!



Maybe it's just me... but I think they should come from the factory like this.